DEBT SCRAPPAGE SCHEME
Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site
Politicians are brought up to believe that borrowing to empire build is what they were born to. Citizens are seen as chattels to be taxed mercilessly and enslaved. But this also meant raising their carbon footprints, until the ice caps started melting, pinpointing the level of greed. With ice caps so far away, they thought it did not concern them.
We now know that economies based on growth are poorly founded. It's sad, but true. How then to stop the clock for the sake of saving the planet?
Unfortunately, there is no easy solution. Obviously, those who caused the problem should bear the brunt of restitution. Those being the money lenders, irresponsible lending against deposits that did not exist. Hence, banks exist on fictional (Alice in Wonderland), or pretend money they don't actually have. If they don't have it, why should anyone repay it when it was all a lie in the first place?
Government debt is primarily sold to banks, pension funds, private investors and overseas investors. These financial institutions and individuals effectively lend
governments money in return for gaining a safe investment (bond) with a guaranteed interest payment.
AS A BAD EXAMPLE OF POOR GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT
LEGALIZED FRAUD - The rich were not as rich as they pretended to be, fooling the poor into borrowing against real wealth they did not possess. In our book that is fraud and deception to generate immoral earnings. Governments force us into a slave mentality where we fail to challenge our captivity, but rather settle for the status quo.
One of the most obvious and corrupt forms of slavery in this world is that perpetrated by the financial system. The exclusive right to create and issue money and debt has been the single most destructive institution of slavery this world has ever seen. The ruling authorities inevitably turn their positions of power into that of a master over slaves and entrench the masses into believing that this is how life should be. The financial system is an indicator for the state of humanity. "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender." Proverbs 22:7
RESET THE CLOCK - FINANCIAL SCRAPPAGE SCHEME
Hence, taking the foot off the financial gas pedal, is really only like putting a clock right. Lenders didn't have the money they said they had, so it's like tearing up nothing, if those pretenders to wealth, agree to wipe out fictional debt, in return for real gains in terms of real security for the planet.
The price would be that Governments who are allowed to reset their clocks back to zero debt/borrowing, would not be able to borrow against unsubstantiated gold (or other) real reserves. No more fiction. Fiction is unsustainable in UN SDG terms. An alternative is devaluation of currency. Debt payments would be suspended, provided that the Administrations engaging with the Scrappage Scheme, trade in their old (unsustainable growth) policies for shiny new Circular policies - along the lines of the proposed Six Point Plan.
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt. John Adams was right about this. Adolf Hitler said something along these lines in 1933: "To conquer a nation, first disarm its citizens." Though he meant enslaving them through fear and intimidation. Both agendas are human rights abuses.
OUR (SUGGESTED) SIX STEPS TOWARD A COOLER PLANET (NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE PLANET EARTH ACT 2020)
1. TRANSPORT: Phase out polluting vehicles. Governments aim to end the sale of new petrol, and diesel vehicles by 2040 but have no infrastructure plan to support such ambition. Such infrastructure should exceed the performance of fossil fuel filling stations, prolong EV battery life and provide power grids with a measure of load leveling. Any such system should seek to obviate the provision of millions of fast charge points where implementation could prove to be a logistical nightmare. This may involve international agreement as to energy storage format and statute to steer car makers to collaborate in part in a world of competition.
Marine transport can be carbon neutral given the right policies, with phased transition in specific stages such as not to unduly penalize present investment in LNG shipping and other recent MARPOL compliant IC powered vessels. Future cargo vessel should be at least in part powered by renewable energy, on the road to zero carbon, making allowances for technology catchup.
Air travel powered by kerosene should attract hefty mitigation offset, where low carbon alternatives should be encouraged.
2. RENEWABLES: Renewable energy should replace carbon-based fuels (coal, oil and gas) in our electricity for homes, factories, heating and transport. Coal and nuclear power plants should be phased out.
3. HOUSING: On site micro or macro generation is the best option, starting with new build homes that are both affordable and sustainable by design to replace crumbling housing stocks. Encourage building in timber to provide carbon lock from a renewable natural resource.
4. AGRICULTURE: We need to grow more trees to absorb carbon emissions from a growing population, air travel, and to build new homes. We should promote reductions in food waste and eating of foods that use less energy to produce. Educate children on these matters in schools and via campaigns such as no meat Mondays, should be part of ordinary study.
5. INDUSTRY: Factories should be aiming for solar heating and onsite renewable energy generation. EV parking and even service facilities should be part of new industrial estates as part of any building permissions.
6. POLITICS: - National governing bodies need to adopt rules to eliminate administrative wastages, to include scaling down spending on war machines, increasing spend on educating the public and supporting sustainable social policies that mesh with other cultures. This includes fostering policies and making funds available to close links in the technology chain to make up for lost time. Kleptocratic empire building must cease in the search for natural equilibrium.
Please use our A-Z INDEX to navigate this site
This website is Copyright © 2020 Cleaner Ocean Foundation Ltd